Shan noodle is one of the famous Myanmar food. It is very delicious. Most of the Myanmar like it and I also like it. It is derived from Shan State which is east part of Myanmar. We can eat it as lunch or dinner or just snack.
- Dried shan noodle
- Chicken or Pork
- Onion, chilli, garlic, ginger
- Oil, chicken powder, salt, fish sauce, light soya bean sauce
- Peanut, sesame, onion tops
How to do?
1. Before starting cooking it, we need to put the dried shan noodle into water in appropriate pot for around 12 hours in order to have better taste in noodle.
2. First, meat (chicken or pork) must be boiled with ginger, some salt and chicken powder for 30 minutes. Then, boiled chicken should be removed from fires in order to make cold. After it, those chicken is needed to cut into suitable size (small size). Then, We need to cook this small pieces of chicken with onion, oil, and garlic. In which, suitable amount of salt, fish sauce, chicken powder should be poured.
3. You need to pound peanut and sesame separately. Onion tops also should be cut down.
These above three steps are preparing for doing Shan noodle which look like salad.
How to salad?
1. First, boil water and put dried noodle into it for just 3 minutes. After that, take noodle and put it in bowl.
2. Then, you can pour one spoon of chicken curry, light soya bean sauce, pounded peanut and sesame, cut onion tops.
3. Mix all.
If you need in taste, you can add some salt or fish sauce and chicken powder.
Now, you can eat your shan noodle eagerly and can eat more than one plate/bowl.
Note: Some ate it mixing chicken soup. If you want it, you can just pour chicken soup into your salad (shan noodle).
Oh, you can eat in two styles…^^^
Chan Myae soe